Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2008

More blending practice tonight.

As a wise man once said, "You become a master of what you focus on".

Well although i have a long way to go until i get to that stage, i am REALLY enjoying this blending lark! Tonight i had another go, just to iron out a few difficulties i had the other night really, and it is getting better. Still the usual suspects of the two rogue big sploshes, but I've worked out a solution for that.......



I played with the same colours as i used the other night. First i stamped in black StaZon. Here i used a gorgeous stamp which has a quote from Alice in Wonderland. I bought it from a lovely lady called Nikki who owns DewDrop Craftz , and it is definitely one that will be used a lot!

Colours of distress pad used were, Broken China blue at the top, Fired Brick red at the bottom, and Shabby Shutters green at the right side there. After i had blended them together from the outside inwards, i gave it a dusting of Dusty Concord purple for the edges. This really gives the colours a lovely mystical feel to them.

Then came the water flicking!!! The mistake i made last time was to hold my hand with tons of water on it, over the tag, and i ended up with big blobs when i wanted small flicks. This time i tried it with a toothbrush. I ran the brush under the cold tap, lightly tapped the brush against the sink to get rid of the big bits of water, then flicked the brush at it. Apart from the two big blobs on the left hand side, which occurred because i forgot to tap the brush the rest of the blobs are just how i wanted them.

So from now on it's wet, tap and flick! :)

Apologies for rambling on about this again, but it's more a reminder to myself so i can get the technique down to a fine art.

Night all. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I love your blog and the way you use colors, everything is so luminous ! This is the first time I come but your are in my favorite !
Thanks for those colors as it's gray and rainy today in France

Calv said...

Thank you so much for that comment (Is it Katzele or Bea?)

I often worry about my colour combinations, it's a kind of learning curve for me at the moment, but at the end of the day i tend to stick to the colours i love. It's nice to hear others like them too. Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Your colour combinations are just gorgeous, don't worry about them ;-)

Bea (Beatrice) is my real name, Katzele is my nickname, so both are fine.
I was in England 3 weeks ago for demoing during 2 days at Craft Barn (Surrey) are you far from there ?