I'm currently working on a journal as part of a lesson at the craft club which i belong. However, after i did a nice job covering the thing with a lovely paper.......guess who dropped a freshly inked black Stazon pad face down on the front cover? Ah....that would be numpty chops here!
Now i know that many would leave the mistake as it could fit in with the distressed look, but i'm one of these people who would constantly freak that a mistake was showing, so i covered it up.
First i did a tag, stamped it, distress inked it and laid it in the same position as my hash up. The "scratch" effect on the tag was done with the edge of the offending black Stazon pad.
Lastly, for a bit of depth, i stamped onto a piece of stampboard, the image matching the "journey" part of the tag exactly. I then used distress ink for a bit of colour, then crackle glazed it. When dry and fully crackled, i finished it off with a little ink on a cloth to highlight the cracks.
There you go.....one balls up nicely sorted!
As my favourite painter Bob Ross always said......"There are no mistakes......just happy accidents!"