Pages

Saturday 21 February 2009

Welcome....to "Inky Cottage".

Hi everyone....over the past week I've been working on a project i have been meaning to do for ages. Storage for my mini ink pads.

I usually have them lying around, or shoved in a basket where i can't see them properly, so i did what any good crafter would have done.....gave them a home. Not just any home though, i gave them Inky Cottage! :)



I wouldn't mind living there myself! Inky Cottage was made with the stunning TwiddlyBitz Chipboard - Christmas Advent House Kit from Karen at Charmed Cards and Crafts. Thank you Karen :)

As soon as i saw this kit in Karens shop, i knew it would be great for storage. As you can see, as well as it accommodating the eye shaped ink pads perfectly, my Twinkling H20's were having a sleepover too!



I did this in crackle paint, then brushed randomly with Distress Ink to dirty it up a bit. I wanted to get the feel of a lovely cottage that you might stumble upon deep in the woods. That's why i added the bits of twig on the roof to look like there were roots and ivy growing over it.



There are so many uses for this, i tried some of my smaller wood mounted stamps and they fit lovely in there as well. You could make boxes for each hole, and fill them with crafty stash, brads, buttons etc.



I reckon it will look quite nice up on my scrap room wall....what do you think?



Thanks for looking. :)


20 comments:

Toni said...

How fab Calvin think Im going to have to move my inks to a house like this its wonderful

Calv said...

Thanks Toni, they certainly have :)

Juliet said...

I think it would look much better on my scrap room wall Calvin!
It is stunningly gorgeous!
Juliet xx

Hazel said...

This is soooo much better than keeping them in a Poundland box like I do! x

Louly said...

It'll look more than nice on your wall, it'll look amazing! You're pretty talented for a fruit cake! (your description not mine! LOL)

Gez Butterworth said...

Awesome!!!

That's all I seem able say when I visit your blog!! hehehe xx

It's absolutely fabulous.

Mine are in an empty Thornton's box!

Carol Q said...

jeez Calvin - you never cease to amaze - this is stunning!!!

joanne wardle said...

that's so pretty, lucky inkpads!!

Paula's ponderings said...

Thats gorgeous Calvin. I bet your craft room is a work of art in itself with all the amazing things you make!!

Calv said...

Quote from Paula.."I bet your craft room is a work of art in itself with all the amazing things you make!!"

That made me chuckle, you should see the state of my craft room after finishing this project, it looks like i've had 50 burglars in!!! :)

I've always said, if crafters spent half the effort on thier house decor as they do on thier makes, we would be living in handcrafted palaces!

Why does mine never seem to resemble that then? I blame the kids! :)

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone, always nice to see you venturing into the world of the male crafter! :)

Jane Wetzel said...

Very cool idea Calvin! gees..and a male crafter at that!! Now you will have to put an addition on somewhere for the Rat!! tee hee...

My craft space said...

Wow Calvin it lookes fab it would look wonderful next to my fairy door?

luv Val xx

Heather "Hev" said...

That is stunning :)

Cazzy said...

That is fab Calvin, I would need a multi story high rise cottage for all my ink pads!

Unknown said...

You are clever!! A stunning piece and useful too - even better!

Classroomfree said...

Wow, that is just amazing :o)

Leanne said...

Wow thats absolutely fantastic!! I want one lol!
Leanne :o)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's fab Calv :)
Anne x

Julie said...

Wow Calvin this is so creative. Great to see such design inspiration ! Also love the leek !
Hugs
Julie

sandra said...

You stole another one to faeries? Gorgeous!Can wait to see next.Sandra