Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2009

I've been playing with the new Gorjuss stamps!

Maddy had a lovely parcel from the postie this morning, a whole set of the new Gorjuss stamps from Funkykits.

So i pinched one to have a play with, and made a card for the latest Saturday Sketchers Challenge.



After about half an hour of me stressing that the papers wouldn't be right, and Maddy telling me to shut up as they would be.....i finaly managed to throw this one together. The images are great to colour, so i used Copics on this one. That means i can enter it into the Copics Colour Challenge too as i used the green that is needed this week.



I will be the first to admit that i am not much of a card maker, probably because the whole envisaging layouts and planning what colours will go where, totaly does my head in! This one turned out ok though, so i'm quite happy with it. :)



Hopfelly the Saturday Sketchers and the Copics Challenge will like it too.

Now brace yourself for the coolest thing i have ever had in my craft room! A little while ago the lovely Angela Daniels from Fiskateers sent Maddy a huge RAK, and she included some goodies for me too.

I had lots of lovely stash, incuding a threading water punch, 12 x 12 papers, chipboard and other gorgeous embellishments. However the icing on the cake was my first non-girly looking craft tool ever! Check this baby out!!!



HOW COOL ARE THEY?!!! :)

So am massive belated thank you to Angela, your pressie is much appreciated!

Last but most certainly not least, keep a close eye on Maddy's blog tomorrow night, she will be posting some a little bit special. Obviously not quite as special as my inked veg that i will be showing at the same time.....but bless her, she tries! :)

22 comments:

joanne wardle said...

not much of a card maker, my foot! this is gorgeous (or gorjuss!!)and your colouring is fantastic. I love the deep colours you've used

Rachel said...

Oh no another one of these beauties!!! I just love this card, GREAT job!! :0)

Sandra said...

Calv you are sooo funny. I think I've finally found someone who gets as excited about craft tools as me! Those scissors Rock!
beautiful card and fantastic interpretation of the sketch.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I've bookmarked the gorjuss/sugarnellie site so I get some stamps when they come in! I love them, reminds me of holly hobby with a 'edge!

congrat's on your new "man" scissors!

Paula's ponderings said...

Fantastic card Calv!! So glad you could join us this week. You are our first male entrant! Yes you most definately are a cardmaker, dont let that rat tell you any different! Thank you for joining in. Paula X

Adele said...

Oh Calv, you do make me laugh...yep the scissors are really cool! BUT that card and that image are truely GORJUSS!!! Cannot wait for the stamps to be sold individually-'fraid I just couldn't justify getting them all- especailly after my Copic spending! LOL.
You are a card maker - believe it!

love Dingle.xx

Anonymous said...

AARRRGGHH That stamp is gorjuss but I am on a stash ban...sob sob.

If you think you are not a card maker then I think you may have found another string to your creative bow.

Thanks for joining in the The copic Colour Challenge

~ Shell

Tami Bayer said...

Angela is the best! Love your new manly scissors. I have to say that you make beautiful cards. However, I am most fond of your altered projects. Your ink cottage is amazing. Loving the newest inked veggies, too.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a cutie this image is. I like the loops of ribbon for accents. How cool that you have some real "guy" scissors to craft with.

http://angeladaniels.squarespace.com/ said...

I'm so glad you like your scissors... I had a feeling you would appreciate their non-girliness (I think I just made up a word!)

Anonymous said...

This is GORJUSS! Love it.

Fab scissors too! LOL!

Anonymous said...

turned out OK? Uh....I'd say more like GORGEOUS! Your coloring is amazing on this and I love your layout and buttons!! Cool scissors!!!

Randi said...

AMAZING!!! You did a fantastic job of choosing colors! And, I love those ribbons! I hope you post some mor Gorjuss girl projects!

Randi said...

Um, I meant 'more'.
Not enough coffee in me yet to type properly. ;o)

Unknown said...

Awe that card is adorable! My boyfriend totally wants those scissors! LOL

Rach said...

wow Calv,
what an awesome card, looks wonderful. and you say your not a card maker... fiddle sticks.
love your colouring of your gorjuss girl. oh and your turnip turned out brilliantly.

hayleycreates said...

Your card is fanfreakingtastic. I think that covers it. You rock.

ger76 said...

Aw Calv she is lush, I haven't been able to put mine down they are fab,
I've a few pics on my blog too

look forward to more of you cards with them :)

luv Ger xx

Deb M. said...

Beautiful card. Love the stamp & your coloring is fantastic.

TFS...

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous card Calv :)
Anne xx

Stressed Stamper said...

Wow a male entry...and what a fantastic card you have made, my hubby could NEVER have done anything like this....Great!. Thanks for joining in the Copics Colour Challenge - Good Luck
Sarah

Karen Mortensen said...

Cor Calvin, that's a pretty impressive card! You're quite the cardmaker these days! Way to go!
x