Pages

Thursday 27 November 2008

Fruit i inked today! Danger Danger!!!

All is not good in the land of the fruit inker my friends! :(

Whilst i welcome you all once again to "Fruit i inked today!", i am sorry to say that i have a story to tell that is one full of failure......and DANGER!!!

Good evening my little fruitbats :) Yes it's Thursday again and if you've come in search of a triumphant fruit masterpiece, i am afraid i have failed you.....badly!

I said at the beginning of "Fruit i inked today!", we would have the ups and the downs of fruit inking here, and tonight i truly mastered the art of the "down". Faithful fans of the fruit fetish.....may i offer you my sincere apologies......for the PEAR!!!



Whilst at first glance you may think it's not all that bad compared to some of my fruits, i promise you, this one lived up to it's name and went totally pearshaped!!!

After last weeks success with the UTEE, i decided to try it on the pear. All went well at first, but then it started bubbling badly. I thought it had something to do with the heatgun being to close, so i adjusted that and still it bubbled.

What in fact was happening, and i tell this as a warning, was that the pear was cooking inside and the bubbling was the juices overheating! I discovered this when a huge pear juice bubble burst and sizzled on my arm!!! Not good....not good at all!!! :(


Granted there are some nice colours to be found in there at times, but the UTEE just would not melt nicely on it, instead choosing to mess me about and stay lumpy!

Due to the shape of the pear, the UTEE kept running downwards which was real annoying, in the end, and after two more pear juice explosions, i chose to call it a night! I am shattered from doing the girls times tables tags this week, i hurt my knee tonight which almost ended me up in hospital....so theres no way i'm putting my life on the line for an unco-operative pear!

Even an aerial view didn't produce a good pic, a kind of nice spiral effect maybe, but even thats at a push....


Note the little bubbles of cooking pear juice at the bottom of the pear above.......dangerous stuff my fruity friends......dangerous stuff! I'm talking almost on par with "prickly pear" danger level.....and we all remember what happened to me with that little devil don't we?

As for the fruitinkability rating......this doesn't even deserve one, however i guess it should get at least a 2 for sitting still whilst i messed it up!

As a small consolation, i tried to make it up to you all with a few blueberries.....but have you ever tried to ink something that small?

You can't hold them, so i tried something new and let the fruit do the work. I placed some drops of ink on a plate, added a few blueberries and let the roll around to their hearts content. The result wasn't great either, but if it takes your mind off the pear for two seconds, it's gotta be good!



Thats me for tonight my friends, i'm beat! Thank you all for popping in tonight, it's a pleasure to entertain you as always. I hope you are all well and are having a crafty week, i look forward to seeing you all again next Thursday for another episode of, "Fruit i inked today!".
Nite all. :)

19 comments:

Lea Sanders said...

Oh, Calv! Hope you were not burned too badly by the bubbling pear juice. The colors are pretty though! Love the little blueberries, too. =)

Sarah C said...

Calv, I hope your knee's ok now and that you're not too badly burnt by the fruit. And they say that fruit is good for you :O

Well done on persevering though. The blueberries look really cute :D xxx

melody said...

ok..that is totally kewl..doing fruit! how creativ! lovin those colors!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

lol maaaaaaaaaad...ingenious, but maaaaaad. Maybe goggles and a suit of armour for next times experiments :0) Great colours though .
Have you inked a kiwi fruit yet? Or a star fruit would be great? lol I can see how this can be catching on lol

Dawny P said...

'eck!!! So the pear bit back did it :( It looks ok to me but I have to say Calv that the blueberries are just awesome. Oh check out that fabulous colour. Love 'em

SP said...

Hi Calv, beware of soft fruit with thin skins when using blow torch!(blush!) Still funky pears though! The blueberries are dazzling!

Crafting should come with a government health warning! (Wonder if they are still doing spot arc welding course at the building university?!)
xx Susan

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw Calv, poor you, how is your knee now? Hope it is better....and as for the pear, bin it, best thing for the nasty thing!! LOL However, I am soooo loving those blueberries, they look like little amethyst beads...gorgeous! Hugs hun, take it easy x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

mmm, you are very dangerous you know! LOL, Can't have my design Team member getting hurt...love the blueberries
xxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ow! I bet that hurt :( The bits you've shown look good anyway Calv and the blueberries have a lovely shimmer - what ink did you use? :)
Anne xx

Karin Leveillee said...

Holy PEAR....

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a bad story ! I hope you are well now. We want you in fine fettle for posting on your blog !

ger76 said...

Shame about the pear Calv!!! hope your not badly injured hun, I lurve the blueberries though there are yummy looking :)

Tonniece said...

Wow, I can't even imagine the pain of that hot juice. ouch. Hope your knee gets better soon too.

I really like the colors on the pear and the berries turned out fab.

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Calv i have left something on my blog for you :)
Val xxx

Beata Ewa said...

Your pear is absolutely fabulous! I love your work!!
I hope your knee gets better soon :-)

Jami said...

Hi! I just found your blog from Daniel's blog and so glad I did! Since this is my first time visiting and have yet to compare this pear to previous fruit...I must say it is really quite cool looking! I'm really diggin' those blueberries! I never would've thought to use fruit in crafting...

off to explore your blog and see what the "good" fruit looks like now...
hugs, Jami

Sarah C said...

Just dropped by to say I have a couple of things for you on my blog if you'ld like them xxx

Karenladd said...

OMG!You have me just rolling on the floor with laughter! When I first saw your pear photo I thought that it looked like it had cooked...and I was right!

Calv said...

Thank you Val and Sarah for the lovely awards, always nice to know my ramblings are appreciated. :)

Thanks ever so much everyone, i'm up at Maddy's for a week and have'nt been to the computer much, so it was lovely to come on just now and see what everyone has written. :)

Not sure what i'm going to ink tomorrow....might have to suprise you all!