Pages

Friday 19 March 2010

Rats it!...I'm off!!!

.
Hi folks, tonight i wanted to show you a couple of new additions to Calv's residence.....well the garden anyway. My new birdhouse, which i bought.....and my new beehive which i made.
.
I love the birds coming into the garden, so do the kids, so i thought i'd treat them to a nice box i'd seen on the net, they are going to love this little beauty...
.

.
Some of you may remember that last year i bought a solitary beehive for my garden. It's for the bees that live on their own so you don't end up with a huge nest and swarms. Anyway i wanted to get another one, then when i looked at my other one i did what any crafter would do and said, "I could make one of those!"
.
So i did...
.

.
The individual bees make tiny nests inside the holes, it just gives them somewhere to stay. What with all the decline of bees going on in the world, i thought it would be a nice gesture. The hive is not finished yet, i want to decorate it a bit more, but i'll show you when it's done.
.
Uh Oh! Look what the cat dragged in.....and he doesn't look too happy! "Hi Rotty, hows things?"
.
.
"UNBELIEVABLE!!! What the heck do you call these then?"
.
"What? The bird house and the bee hive? Yes they are pretty fantastic aren't they? What do you think of them Rotty?"
.
"I'll tell you exactly what i think boss! I think you have gone too far this time! You buy a house for those flippin flappin things, all they do is flap about and eat things...and i'm sure they purposely aim for me sometimes yanno!"
.
"But Rotty, i can explain."
.
"Then theres the bee hive!!! You must have spent ages making that, when all they do is sting me on the backside all the time!!! Then theres Rotty here who has waited what seems like a lifetime for a certain house that i was promised!!!"
.
.
"Oh come on now Rotty me old mate, it takes a little while to make a house good enough for the likes of you".
.
"Yeah yeah, i've heard it before boss..well thats it.....I'm OFF!!!
.
.
"Rotty don't be silly mate, let's talk about this, i have started the house i promise."
.
"Boss, it's too late for words and idle promises, i've seen your handy work, let's just say i'm not entirely convinced you've even thought of my comfort lately have you? I'd have probably ended up in a cardboard box like all the other rats!"
.
"But Rotty....where will you go.....it's a big wide world out there".
.
"Bye boss....I'm a sewer rat remember, streetwise and tough as old boots, you just think about who is going to look after your stash now!"
.

.
Oh well folks, that's him gone..for now. Yet another over reaction from the drama queen that is Rotty, i'm sure he'll be back when he gets too hungry. If he had shut up for five minutes and let me get a word in, i might have given him a peek at a certain "residence in progress"...
.

.
I'm sure when his little toes get cold, i'll have something here to warm him up again some day soon :)
.
.
Thanks for stopping by, and if you see a struggling rat down your way starving and pretending to be streetwise....give him some food please. :)

13 comments:

Yvonne said...

How fab is this Beehive. And such a brill Idea! Cannot wait to see the final look.
Oh poor Rotty, look at what he is missing.. a warm fire, a lovely oak door.. sure he will be back very soon... he is come to realise the sewer is not a place for a pampered rat. x

sandra said...

This bird house is amazing!!!
I love that rustic look!
Birds in your garden will be happy!
And bees too!
You made great replica!

And why the hack you didn't told Rotty that you working on his house???
He shore wouldn't leave!!!!
He would be amazed with fireplace and that door!
(I know I am)!!!

Can't wait to see all house!
We waited for so long you to start making it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

maddy hill said...

you are soooooo meeeeeean to that rotty !
fantastic bee house calvin ... and the bird house will look so pretty in your garden .

maddy xxxx

Nicki said...

Oooh, your bird and bee homes are lovely, and Rotty's new pad is looking good, I hope he claims it soon or you might get squatters!

Nicki, :0)

Stressed Stamper said...

Great posting love the bird house and bee hive...and poor Rotty

Annette said...

Too cute, you are quite the storyteller, I love it!!

Annette

asimpson2 at telus dot net

Jessica said...

Hey Calv, what a great thing to do for the bees! Rotty will surely be sorry he left, especially after he sees his new abode. You reckon he'll go to Maddy's?
I have seen her newest creation, and it is exquisite!!! You guys are very talented. I'm glad you're back at it again. I've missed you both!

Carmen said...

Crafty and a little crazy...I like that. Love the bee house and the bird house. Hopped over from Mag's Little Things. Have a good day!:)

Carmen said...

Crafty and a little crazy...I like that. Love the bee house and the bird house. Hopped over from Mag's Little Things. Have a good day!:)

Viv said...

Poor Ratty! All that work and you haven't told him what's coming?!!!
Love your beehive and birdhouse! Viv x

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow I have just popped over from Maddy's blog to check out yours and I must say you are a very talented pair, your blogs are amazing, I have becoame a follower so I can have a smile at both of your creations!3
hugs
Sue x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

The beehive is looking great Calv, I bet it'll be absolutely wonderful when completed ;) Great idea too.
Anne x

Calv said...

Thank you for all your comments and for stopping by. Well i did tell him i was working on his house, if he decides to be a disbelieving little furrball then thats his doing!

I give him a few days before he's back and raiding my fridge again!