Pages

Monday 1 March 2010

The mystery of the missing muffin!



Hi everyone :)

A little late in posting about Valentines Day, but theres a reason for that.

This year was a little different on Valentines Day, as Maddy asked me not to get anything for her because i send her goodies so often anyway. I wasn't too happy about this but said as long as she didn't get me anything either i'd go along with it.

So that was the plan, until a certain mischievous monkey said she has posted me "just a little something"! She assured me it wasn't much, it had cost less than a pound, so i waited paitently for this mystery gift to arrive.

Well a week passed and nothing, a week and a half and still nothing, so Maddy was by now planning revenge on the postal service! She explained that she had bought me a Valentines muffin as she knows how much i love chocolate muffins with icing on. She has made a lovely box for it, not too girly just simple enough to house a nice prezzy for a guy.

So the postman he brought nuffin....not even my tasty muffin! (i should've been a poet) Anyway on Friday i returned to the house to find the above box in the post...

I love opening gifts from Maddy, always something to look at and be inspired by....

I was like a kid waiting for the sweet shop to open...then low and behold, there inside was a gorgeous muffin!

The box had survived the 2 week postal journy with just a few bangs here and there, but the muffin was in perfect condition! (Apart from my fingerprint at the bottom)

I have to admit, i was starting to have doubts as to whether or not Maddy had eaten it herself, but she was true to her word and this was a pleasure to receive.

I am now off to find my friend Net who is an expert cake maker, i need advice if this will be ok to eat after two weeks! :)

Thanks Maddy xxx

See you soon! :)

8 comments:

joanne wardle said...

I say if there's no mould it's okay to eat!!!

Nora said...

I'm with Joanne...no mold, it's gold! *LOL* It's a miracle there wasn't something green, fuzzy & waving at you when you opened the package, though, especially after traveling two weeks plus to Heaven knows where.
Enjoy your late Valentine's treat, Calv!
♥hugs♥

Nigel said...

Calv,

Are you seriously telling me you're worried about a cake that's ONLY 2 weeks old? ;)

Love the packaging - that's one talented lady :)

Calv said...

Not to worry everyone, i ate it during my wait to see if it was safe, and it was lovely! :)

She certainly is talented Nigel, some day i might be able to teach her something for a change lol.

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

maddy hill said...

you still alive there ? good job i didnt bake it with my cooking skills you would be at the nearest hospital and that would be without the 2 week delay !

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Bless! The best pressies are always the cheapest x Glad it got there eventually...we have such a great postal 'service' don't we! tut
It looks yummy...but not as much as the box...that's gorgeous Maddy ♥

Hels Sheridan said...

Are you sure that is a finger print and you hadn;t just licked it? I would have cos it look lush! Lucky you...having your cake and...eating it too ROFL...lovely box for it to arrive in too...Maddy is so clever x

Sarah C said...

what a fantastic idea for a gift and a gorgeous box too.