Pages

Sunday 17 January 2010

My first ever piece of knitting!!!


Well here it is....after many attempts to get the hang of knitting, i have finally done it! For a few years now i have gone through phases of trying to master the art of knitting, just to make something for my girls really, but until now it has always got the better of me.

So this week, after much help from Maddy and her daughter Sophia, i have managed to complete a basic scarf for my youngest daughter. Using chunky wool it allowed me to get somewhere quicker with the results (thanks Sophia for that tip), and i really enjoyed it.



I need to learn to relax a bit more when i knit, i think thats why the scarf feels a bit stiff, and my needle holding technique is "interesting" to say the least, but it seems to work ok for me at the moment.

I'm looking forward to making a few more scarves for my girls, and at least now they can choose their own colours.

Thanks for looking.:)

8 comments:

Sarah C said...

Looks fab Calvin. I love the idea of your girls choosing their own colours xx

Nicks said...

well hello, I was wondering where you had got to recently!
lovely knitting!
Sorry about your Rat problem xx

joanne wardle said...

yay!! keep going you'll be addicted in no time!!

crochet next!

Daniel August said...

Cool! :P

dan!el

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab scarf Calv...congrats on mastering the needles...I have tried and tried but still end up making something rubbish...oh BTW, I just read the post below this one...you really are barking mad...Rotty Rat!! Having the protest...looking like a Hippy...made me LOL chuck...thanks for that ROFL x

sandra said...

Great!
Here is one more hidden talent you have!
Bravo!!!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Wow! better thn I could do, my knitting is awful!

Calv said...

Thank you everyone :)

I need to keep a lid on the obsessiveness though, it really is addictive!

Calv.