Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

Welcome home Rotty!!!


.
Aha! Look what the cat dragged in!
.
Hi everyone. Well as some of you may remember, Rotty Rat has been up to all sorts of adventure over the past few months. He threw a tantrum because Calvin Mouse had a house nd he didn't, so in the end he left home. Needless to say, he's been in trouble as usual. Last week i had a letter from the police saying he had to come home. He was charged with stealing cupcakes from Calvin Mouse, and he is seriously on my naughty list!
.
"So then Mr.....how are you doing? Long time no see?"
.
"Oh, yeah...hi there boss...the police just dropped me off...said i had to come straight home."
.
"Home Rotty? Are you saying you want to come back here after all the trouble you've caused? Look at you, you've got to wear an electronic tag for a week due to your naughtyness!" I am seriously not impressed Mr!!!"
.

.
"Ah yeah but...i can explain boss....you see it's a funny story....."
.
"Sorry Rotty..i don't want to hear it! You've brought embarrassment to my doorstep, i don't appreciate getting letters from the police through my letterbox! What have you got to say for yourself?"
.
.
Yes i'd hang your head in shame you little scallywag! So you are expecting me to house a criminal? Really Rotty, i thought you knew me better than that."
.
"But boss, you need me to guard your stash from that thieving little Calvin Mouse. You know what he's like, he's got those evil eyes, and don't get me started on his ears!"
.
"Sorry Rotty, i've made up my mind...you can't stay here any more."
.
"But boss....i....sniff....sniff....i need a cuppa and a decent bed....sniff.....my tummy hurts."
.

.
"Look Rotty, grab your stuff, i might know of a place round the back where you can stay for while."
.
"Really boss? Does it have a bed...coz i need a good sleep....police cells are no laughing matter you know?"
.
"Yes Rotty, i hear it has a bed....come on Mr....this way..."
.
"So where is it then boss? Maybe i'll ask at this house here. Bit posh around these parts isn't it...look at the size of that place!"
.

.
"Go and ask them then Rotty, you never know, they might even know of somewhere you can stay?.
.
"Hey look at that boss...that has has a plaque on the upper floor with initals like mine....how cool is that? Wonder who lives there?"
.
.
"Umm boss....i don't understand....i knocked and nobodys in, but thats not all....have you seen this door?"
.
"Whats the matter Rotty?"
.
.
"The door plaque boss....look at the name on it..."
.
.
"That is strange Rotty....maybe you should take a look inside?"
.
"Ok boss....will do....you watch my back...."
.
.
"Why do i need to watch your back Rotty?"
.
.
"Well just incase the police turn up.....don't want to be caught raiding someones house again, that would be all i need."
.
"Rotty you doughnut...who's name is on the door? It would be difficult getting arrested for entering....YOUR OWN HOUSE!!!"
.
.
"WHAT?!!!! Say that again? This is my house? My very own house? You mean to say you actualy made me one in the end? I can't believe it!!!"
.
.
"I sure did Rotty. Not that you deserve any treats after what you've put me through, but i did promise you a house a while back didn't i?"
.
"Go on then, go have a look at some of your things. It still needs some things to make it more cozy, but i think you'd like it. I wanted it to have that old feel to it, just like the places you like to frequent."
.
"Your very own flatscreen telly...i know you like your TV....made you some nice curtains too, and your very own furniture."
.
.
"Wow boss!!! This is amazing!!! Look....i got my own log fire too!"
.
"Certainly have Rotty, just what you need on a cold night. Already stocked up with logs and coal too...even made you a little stoker for the fire, and of course a broomstick to sweep up the mess."
.

.
Oh my boss...is that what i think it is above the fireplace?!!!"
.
"Yes Rotty....your very own piece of rat artwork by Banksy!" Just a print of course, it's hard getting him to do personal commissions."
.
"Of course...i'll be the envy of the sewers with that!
.

.
"I also made you a coffee table Rotty, and a little something on it to help you get back on your feet again."
.

.
"Oh boss, i don't know what to say....it just doesn't get better than this when you are a sewer rat like myself!!! This sofa is great too...very comfy indeed!"
.
.
"Yes it is, and you have Maddy to thank for that sofa, she was kind enough to donate it to you."
.
"Really? That was nice of her....Calvin Mouse didn't touch it did he? You'll have to disinfect it if he did you know?"
.
"No it's nice and clean Rotty....now then, you might want to take a look upstairs..."
.
.
"NO WAY!!!! I have my own bedroom!!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!"
.
"Yes indeed Rotty.....just look at those most excellent duvet and pillow sets that our lovely friend Nicki from Switzerland made you! Aren't they fantastic? You've also got another TV so you can watch telly in bed...and dartboard too, can't be a boys bedroom without a dartboard!"
.

.
"THANK YOU NICKI...i love them!!! xxx ....and you are so right boss... if you notice, Calvin Mouse hasn't got a dartboard in his room....so i'm seriously starting to have my doubts about him! I HAVE TWO BEDS!!!!!"
.
"Yes Rotty, just incase you have any friends over to stay".
.
"Oh boss this is way too cool, you wait till i tell the other rats in the sewer, they'll all want to come and stay!"
.
I'm sure they will, oh you found your teddy. Actualy Maddy made that little horse, i thought you might like it for a bit of company in your new bed."
.

.
"Thank you so much boss....i really like my new house....might change a bit of the decor here and there but you can't get everything right can you?"
.
"I guess not Rotty. Now look, you have to take good care of this house ok? I don't mind having it in my craft room so you're a bit warmer, but no wild parties ok and make sure that fire is out when you go to bed! Deal?"
.

.
"It's a deal boss....a rats promise even and you can't get better than that. By the way, i did notice that you didn't make my laboratory and gym that i asked for, but i'll let you off as you did such a good job. All in good time eh boss?"
.
"Lol yes ok Rotty...i'll say goodnight now and leave you to your new place."
.
"Night boss."
.
Well folks....thats that! Rotty has his house, and i think he's quite happy don't you? I hope he has as much fun in it as i had making it. It took a little while as it's my first attempt at anything like this, but i like to think it was worth it...don't you?
.
I wonder how he's getting on....lets have one last peek before we go eh?....
.
.
Big tough Rotty Rat eh....look at him cuddling that teddy lol.
.
Night all.....see you soon, i'll explain a few things about the build of this house in my next blog post. Thanks for popping in to take a look. :)

26 comments:

camcraft said...

Oh Calvin .. you have a heart of gold {hugs} Such a beautiful home, most certainly made with lots of love. Rotty now has a chance to make amends and make good of his life .. and he has you to thank .. on and Maddy and Nicky too :-) Every good wish and happiness for you in your new home Rotty. I am sure you are going to make Calvin very proud indeed. A fresh new start for you :-) .. Just becareful not to snag the bed sheets with that 'electronic tag' Maybe SKS will knit you a pair of socks ?
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Wow Calvin, that house is amazing. Love it :D:D

Lisa xoxo

Carolyn said...

love it Calv - you are so clever.

Sue said...

stunning so much attention to detail I LOVE IT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhhhh Happy Rotty Rat, Bless him. So sweet getting his own house. Its 5 star accommodation too. Brilliant Hazelxoxo

Sonia Jones said...

Fab house Calv. Obviously Rotty loved it. Sonia

Sharon said...

Heehee, Rotty is so spoiled! I wonder how long it'll be before he remembers he's a rat and starts nibbling his new home?

P.S My ratty girls are in love with Rotty.

rozzyb said...

tooooo cute! I just love it. You have made a perfect job and I'm sure Rotty is going to be feeling well at home by now :)
He's the luckiest Rat ever!!
Hugs rozzy xx

Betty said...

Well Rotty what a fantastic home you have, so warm and cosy, hope you behave now and be good but not too good lol!!!.
Oh Calvin can't wait for the next adventure Of Rotty Rat.
Must be the best Rat haven in the world fabulous project i love it.
Betty x

lalkygirl said...

what a stunning home for rotty,he sure is a lucky little guy,i look forward to seeing what he gets up to in his new pad,fantastic work calvin,
tracey x

Calv said...

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, i'll have to take a look later to see how Rotty's settled in, he'll probably be in bed still lol.

He won't be impressed though, my girls have been diving into it already, luckily i made it Rotty proof, which equates to kid proof...or vice versa.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Maya Ariffin said...

Lol!! Oh my goodness!!! I enjoyed reading this one!! It's been a while you're MIA. So I kinda miss this ;) thanks for making me laugh I really need it :D

JJ said...

Calv....you really, really ought to write a childrens book. That is fantastic.

sandra said...

Welcome home Rotty!
I'm so glad to see you in one piece!I was worried that some street cat get you for lunch!!!
Anyhow Calv gave you second chance for new beginning and I recommend you to take it and start behaving nice!
Calv,Maddy and Nicki!!! I can just say that my jaw hit the floor when I saw Rotty's house!
Every detail is perfect!
Well done!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Jackie Elwin said...

WOW superb house indeed! Rotty is one lucky lucky rat.

Jackie

Sara F-M said...

WOW, super fabby house, I LOVE it, lucky Rotty!

Jackie said...

It's lovely Calv, well done!

paola said...

GREAT JOB CALV!! you and Matty sure know how to spin a yarn and i just love all the blog posts that you and her do narating the live of these two little RATS! LOL
TFS
smiles from S Africa
Paola

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow lovely, loved listening, opps 'reading' lol the conversation. Whens the House warming?
Love it!
hugs
Sue xo

Elaine said...

Brilliant post. Love the house and all the detail you have included!!

Viv said...

Hahahaha! Rotty's house is sooooo cool! Lucky boy!

Unknown said...

I haven't been around blogland for a while, but I'm glad I came back when I did! Rotty's house is fantastic! I'm sure he'll settle in and make it his own in no time!

Lee said...

Just found your blog from Sharon's blog.FANTASTIC,i LOVE Rotty he's soooo cute.GREAT house better than mine lol.x

Heike said...

Please have a look at my blog. There is something for you.

Calv said...

Wow, so many familiar places!

So glad you could all stop by to see Rottys return. Sorry i've been away for so long, you know how life catches up with you and things take over, but blogging is a great relaxer for me so i need to make more time for it.

Looking forward to getting round everyones blogs now, styles and techniques move so fast in crafting, i think i may need to go back to school and learn some more from you all :)

Take care all, keep smiling, see you soon.

Calv.

Gaby said...

Oh my goodness! This is the 1st time I visit your blog but I'm blown away! You are so crafty (in a manly way, don't worry!).
I totally loved the banksy print (banksy rules!)

I've bookmarked your blog, for future smiles and fun!