Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Guest designer for Papertake Weekly.



Hi all :)

I haven't made anything too crafty for a while, so i was chuffed to bits when Dawny from Papertake Weekly Challenge asked me to be a guest designer for this weeks Dads and Lads challenge.

I've never been a great one for matching colours and papers, so i just did what i liked, i like to think it turned out ok. I used the Mikey download image from the lovely Karen over at Charmed Cards and Crafts and then kept it simple with some chain and a few layers of paper and card ripped and edged with distress ink pads.....and you'd hardly notice where i got carried away with the Cropadile! :)

Hope you like it, thanks again to Dawny for inviting me to take part in this, it was a pleasure. :) Why not pop over to the blog and see the great makes that her design team have made, and even take part in the challenges yourself? By the way, i did see that Rotty got his snout in the picture too....i thought for a minute he'd been up to mischief, glad to know he hasn't .

By the way, for anyone new to my blog, i don't just talk about bees, trips to hospital and delinquant clay rats, i have on occasion been known to make cards and other papercraft items, proof being here, here and here! :)

Thanks again...

Calv.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your not a great one to match colours and papers, hm?! I think your lying! ;D Just hopped on your blog from Papertake and loved your card. Great work!
hugs
Nina

Calv said...

Thank you Nina, much appreciated. However if you asked Maddy what my stress levels are like whilst trying to arrange a layout, she'd be lucky to explain without cursing lol. In my eyes, nothing matches, even if they definately do!

Thanks for dropping by. :)

Calv.

Sarah said...

What a great card. I love the Mikey images. Cropadile work looks great too

Viv said...

Very cool card! Love all the chain and the cropadile chomping looks great! You need to make some more cards!

Viv :)

Jo Nevill said...

Fantastic card ! Just love the image you have used and your fabby layout. Love your chomping !

Thanks for joining us at Papertake.

Jo x

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow! Fabulous card! Love all the distressing and your use of the Crop-a-dile! It's a pleasure having you as a guest designer this week! Thanks for joining us!
hugs, Sharon

Calv said...

Thank you for the kind comments everyone, and thank you Sharon for leting me tale part in it...got me out of my crafty dry spell too. :)

Calv.

Arline said...

Great card!x

Dawny P said...

Calv I think you did a fab job here - you are wayyy too hard on yourself me thinks :-0 Thank you ever so much for joining us this week, it's been a pleasure having you on our team and you are welcome back any time. Dawny :)

Calv said...

Thank Arline :)

Hi Dawny, thank you for the invite and the kind comments. Twas a pleasure. :)

Calv.

Lee said...

Brilliant.x