Pages

Friday, 19 December 2008

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi all,

I've sat in my craft room for over an hour tonight, trying to ink my favourite fruit from past episodes....the pineapple, but unfortunately it has gone so wrong i've had to call it a night. :(

I wanted to recreate a Christmas version of the pineapple masterpiece i achieved all those weeks ago, but it wasn't to be. It turned out a horrible mess, i even tried sticking baubles and candy canes on it, but it didn't help.

I'm very tired, and have more than enough on my plate to worry about a piece of fruit, so i apologise for tonight and accept that sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't.

It would appear that quite a lot of bloggers are taking it easy over the holiday season, so i think i might join them. I think a break is as good as a rest or so they say.

I just wanted to wish everyone in blogland the best Christmas ever, and hope you all have a very Happy New Year. Thanks for all of your great and funny comments over the past few months, they have certainly kept me entertained. :)

Take care everyone, keep smiling and i'll see you all in the New Year. Drink lots, and eat even more! :)

15 comments:

Sarah C said...

Calvin, bless you for trying. Sounds like it would've been great, if only it had done what you wanted eh? Don't blame you for taking a break from blogging for Christmas. You'll have enough to keep you busy with your house guests.

I hope you all have a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and that the New Year brings you more love and joy and not forgetting fruits that behave themselves LOL xxx

Dawny P said...

Have a good one Calv and looking forward to more fruity inkings in 2009 !!

Toni said...

Have a merry Christmas Calvin and look forward to seeing your new creationsin the new year

Princess Gizmo said...

Yes, u should take a rest for while Calv. So Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

Hope the coming year will be more...erm.. Craftier,crazier,happier but not crankier!! No.. LOL XD

Maya

patty w said...

Many Blessings to you Calv! Enjoy your break!

Wishing you great things for 2009 !

patty 2832

Yvonne said...

Have a happy Christmas:)
Yvonne.

Sheena said...

Hi Calvin,
I just wanted to say that your blog has entertained me so much over the past couple of months since I started blogging and I wanted to thank you with an award which you'll find on my blog!
Also, I want to wish you a merry christmas - and may there be much more inking of whatever in 2009!

PS, enjoy your rest!

Hels said...

Merry Christmas to you too Calv, have a good one x

artycrafty said...

i hope you have a very merry Christmas!

Lea Sanders said...

Hi, Calv,
Have a merry Christmas and hope to see more creative goodness from you in 2009!

Lea

My craft space said...

A very merry xmas to you and Maddy,and your family take care and see you soon.

luv val xxxx

Tereza Crump aka MyTreasuredCreations said...

yes, we all need a break!! hope you had a great Christmas!! We had fun but I am glad I am home. :)

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

That's too bad about your inky pineapple not working out. I've had the same type of mishap with my crafty pursuits in the past where, no matter what I did it just kept getting worse!

That is usually your signal to take a break. The magic will start flowing again when you come back after a much deserved rest. Have a great holiday. It has been fun watching your 'Mishaps In The Making'!

Just-Kim said...

Merry Christmas, Calv!! You're one of the bloggers I always look forward to reading about.

I've nominated you for the Marie Antoinette Real Person Award! You are fantastic!

You can view the award on my blog. I hope your 2009 is filled with wonder and delight!
Kim P

artycrafty said...

Thanks for the link! Great resource!

love your card. its devine!

I'm going to put up sketches up on my blog too on every Friday starting second friday of the new year.